POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : jmichae3 Server Time
28 Mar 2024 19:53:34 EDT (-0400)
  jmichae3 (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: dick balaska
Subject: jmichae3
Date: 14 Oct 2017 03:14:55
Message: <59e1b96f$1@news.povray.org>
Is there a way to message someone on github?
I want to suggest he wander over to the newsgroups before posting newbie
errors as bugs and feature requests. (I would have closed the
final_frame question, if I had had
<voice type="cartman" style="respect">auth-or-i-tay</voice>.)
--
dik

Post a reply to this message

On 10/14/2017 03:14 AM, dick balaska wrote:
> Is there a way to message someone on github?
> I want to suggest he wander over to the newsgroups before posting newbie
> errors as bugs and feature requests.
haha. I see clipka has done just that twice in the last three days.

--
dik

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 15 Oct 2017 12:35:20
Message: <59e38e48$1@news.povray.org>
Am 14.10.2017 um 09:14 schrieb dick balaska:
> Is there a way to message someone on github?
> I want to suggest he wander over to the newsgroups before posting newbie
> errors as bugs and feature requests. (I would have closed the
> final_frame question, if I had had
> <voice type="cartman" style="respect">auth-or-i-tay</voice>.)

IIRC GitHub used to provide a kind of relay address to contact other
users in private, but Alas! they removed it shortly after we set up camp
there.

At present, the most effective way to get a user's attention might be to
put `@username` in the text of an issue. AFAIU that triggers a
notification to that user.

But at present there seems to be no way to contact -- purely
hypothetically speaking -- a daft GitHub user without shaming them in
public.