POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Water getting clear when very shallow Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:15:55 EDT (-0400)
  Water getting clear when very shallow (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Rick Measham
Subject: Water getting clear when very shallow
Date: 28 Feb 2005 21:35:04
Message: <4223d4d8$1@news.povray.org>
Forgive the crosspost but I'm not sure where this belongs.

I posted a request in PBI a few days ago and haven't yet gotten a
workable solution. I have water that runs up onto a beach .. an idylic
blue water beach. However the water insists on not becoming more
transparent near to shore. Can anyone give me any tips? I've no idea if
this is a newusers question or an advanced-users question!

If you want the pictures and the scene file, look for 'The Human
Condition' in news://povray.binaries.images

Thanks and Cheers!
Rick

Post a reply to this message

Rick Measham nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-02-28 21:35:
> Forgive the crosspost but I'm not sure where this belongs.
>
> I posted a request in PBI a few days ago and haven't yet gotten a
> workable solution. I have water that runs up onto a beach .. an idylic
> blue water beach. However the water insists on not becoming more
> transparent near to shore. Can anyone give me any tips? I've no idea if
> this is a newusers question or an advanced-users question!
>
> If you want the pictures and the scene file, look for 'The Human
> Condition' in news://povray.binaries.images
>
> Thanks and Cheers!
> Rick
Try this:
// Water
plane {
   y, 0.27
   //pigment { Blue }
   texture {
     pigment { rgbft <0.4,0.4,1.5,0.4,0.4>}//color red 0.4 green 0.4 blue 1.5 filter
.1 transmit 0.4 }
     finish {conserve_energy
     	reflection {0.1,0.45 fresnel}
         ambient 0.015
         diffuse 0.26
     }
     normal {
         bumps .5
     }
   }
   interior{ior 1.34 fade_color rgb<0.64,0.64,1.5>fade_power 3 fade_distance 0.044}
//very short fade_diatance
}
Change the beach as follow:
// Beach
union{
	sphere {
		0
		40
		scale y*0.005
		translate <10, 0.1, -7.5>
		}
	cone{<10,0.1,-7.5>,40,<10,-100,-7.5>,1000}
//this prevent the sharp edge of the flatened sphere from showing
			texture {
			pigment {
				bumps
				color_map {