POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : sphere-sweeping: other primitives instead of sphere? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 14:24:35 EDT (-0400)
  sphere-sweeping: other primitives instead of sphere? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Jong
Subject: sphere-sweeping: other primitives instead of sphere?
Date: 18 Oct 2002 20:00:43
Message: <3db0a0ab$1@news.povray.org>
I've been enjoying the POV-ray.
I'd like to know if I could use other primitives, such as torus, or some I
invented , instead of the sphere in the spheresweeping?

Thanks in advance.
Jong

Post a reply to this message

From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 20 Oct 2002 18:38:35
Message: <chrishuff-A0C6DA.18334820102002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3db0a0ab$1@news.povray.org>, "Jong" <jjk### [at] mmewhaackr>
wrote:

> I'd like to know if I could use other primitives, such as torus, or some I
> invented , instead of the sphere in the spheresweeping?

Not as a simple built-in object like the sphere_sweep. With macros, you
could generate pretty much anything you want. One way is to make a lot
of copies of the object along a path, another would be to generate a
mesh object, which would render much faster, use less memory, but be
harder to write.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/