POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Striscia equivalent functions in POV3.5? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 18:11:55 EDT (-0400)
  Striscia equivalent functions in POV3.5? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Jong
Subject: Striscia equivalent functions in POV3.5?
Date: 23 Aug 2002 05:50:42
Message: <3d660572$1@news.povray.org>
Dear all,

 I am trying to learn Striscia( Daniel Varrazzo).
Still I have some difficulties implementing the introductory steps.(with
broken surfaces)
Are there any equivalent functions in the new POV3.5?

Thanks in advance,

Jong

Post a reply to this message

"Jong" <jjk### [at] mmewhaackr> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Dear all,
>
>  I am trying to learn Striscia( Daniel Varrazzo).
> Still I have some difficulties implementing the introductory steps.(with
> broken surfaces)
> Are there any equivalent functions in the new POV3.5?

Pardon my ignorance, but what Striscia functions?

Google does not return many English pages about this word...

    Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

> "Jong" <jjk### [at] mmewhaackr> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Dear all,
> >
> >  I am trying to learn Striscia( Daniel Varrazzo).
> > Still I have some difficulties implementing the introductory steps.(with
> > broken surfaces)
> > Are there any equivalent functions in the new POV3.5?
>
> Pardon my ignorance, but what Striscia functions?

Striscia was a macro written for 3.1 that will allow you to extrude a mesh
based shape along a spline path mimicking a popular modelling feature called
lofting. I once had a link to the site but have since lost track of it. I
know of nothing specifically new in POV-Ray v3.5 that offers equivalent
functionality.

P.S. If someone knows where I can find Striscia again I would appreciate a link
to it.

--
Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 23 Aug 2002 05:05:06 -0700, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
> Striscia was a macro written for 3.1 that will allow you to extrude a mesh
> based shape along a spline
> P.S. If someone knows where I can find Striscia again I would appreciate a link
> to it.

Can be set of Ingo's macros considered as equivalent ?

ABX