POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : size Server Time
4 Sep 2024 18:18:32 EDT (-0400)
  size (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
Subject: size
Date: 20 Aug 2002 18:12:27
Message: <3d62becb@news.povray.org>
what is a useful size to work with? what are the pro/cons in working with
1px=1 metre or 100px=1 metre?
what do you use and why?
thnx

Post a reply to this message

From: Dawn McKnight
Subject: Re: size
Date: 20 Aug 2002 18:25:54
Message: <3D62C262.2090201@mac.com>
I generally use 1 unit = 1 meter, for no better reason than that I tend
to do starships, which are generally rather large objects.  If I had to
measure them in centimeters, I'd go mad.  If I tried to measure them in
milimeters, I might exceed the limits of POV's precision.

>what is a useful size to work with? what are the pro/cons in working with
>1px=1 metre or 100px=1 metre?
>what do you use and why?
>thnx

Post a reply to this message