POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : moray? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 18:13:45 EDT (-0400)
  moray? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Philip Jensen
Subject: moray?
Date: 17 Aug 2002 18:11:22
Message: <3d5eca0a$1@news.povray.org>
I just downloaded moray, in the belive that it was free to use?

But it says something about a 30 day trial, if I don't register, now I just
thought it was register in some community, but I have to pay for it? Is this
true, or can I get a free version anywhere?

Ohhh yes, and can someone please tell me where to get MegaPov, or just link
to their homepage, so I can read more about it?

 - Philip Jensen, who already asked about this, but forgot it.

Post a reply to this message

> I just downloaded moray, in the belive that it was free to use?
>
> But it says something about a 30 day trial, if I don't register, now I just
> thought it was register in some community, but I have to pay for it? Is this
> true, or can I get a free version anywhere?

POV-Ray is free but Moray is not.

Moray is a shareware program. You are free to try it out but if you continue
to use it you beyond a certain time you are expected to pay a registration fee.

http://nathan.kopp.com/patched.htm

--
Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message

Note though that most of MegaPOVs features are now
in POV-Ray 3.5, so you might not need MegaPOV,
especially if you want your code to be compatible with
most POV-Users...

--
Tim Nikias