POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : lightning Server Time
4 Sep 2024 18:14:23 EDT (-0400)
  lightning (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Dick Keuneke
Subject: lightning
Date: 13 Aug 2002 20:59:42
Message: <3d59ab7e@news.povray.org>
Hi,
I'm looking for a way to create lightning for an animation I am creating.

What I want is to have the fork-type lightning near the main object of the
scene.  The lightning frame will be interpolated between the animation
frames to cause it to appear to "flash".
I have managed to create a fair depiction (below) using a sphere and
color_map but would like one with a more branched or forked look.

sphere { <0, -25, 0>, 31
   inverse
   pigment {
      marble
      turbulence 2.9
      colour_map {
        [0.0, 0.95   color Clear  color Clear]
        [0.95, 0.975   color Clear  color Clear]
        [0.975, 1.001 color Yellow  color White]
      }
      scale 325
   }
   finish {