POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Extreme Newbie, pixelization problem Server Time
5 Sep 2024 04:16:56 EDT (-0400)
  Extreme Newbie, pixelization problem (Message 21 to 22 of 22)
From: Mark
Subject: Re: Extreme Newbie, pixelization problem
Date: 1 Aug 2002 01:00:56
Message: <3d48c088$1@news.povray.org>
Okay,

Well I got it figured out. Thanks for the help...the recursive method works
great for this type of model. Now all I need is talent!

Thanks again,
Mark

Post a reply to this message

From: Micha Riser
Date: 1 Aug 2002 04:49:14
Message: <3d48f609@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

> Micha Riser <mri### [at] gmxnet> wrote:
>> An alternative is to render the picture 4x bigger with normal AA
>> settings and scale it down in a graphic program.
>
>   How that's different from using antialiasing method 1 with threshold 0
> and four samples per pixel?
>   (Method 2 will give you a better result anyways.)

With method 1 and threshold 0 you have a fixed number of samples per final
pixel. But when you scale it 4x bigger and use a threshold >0 you have a
dynamic number of samples per final pixel with a minimum of 4.

- Micha

--
http://objects.povworld.org - the POV-Ray Objects Collection