POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Spilled liquid Server Time
5 Sep 2024 00:16:49 EDT (-0400)
  Spilled liquid (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Dan Sherman
Subject: Spilled liquid
Date: 25 Jul 2002 21:13:00
Message: <3d40a21c$1@news.povray.org>
What is the best way to create a puddle of liquid (i.e. a spilled glass of
milk)?

I've managed to make a blob out of flat cylinders in the right shape, but
it's too bulbous.  You can see where the cylinders are placed.  I tried
adding negetive spheres above it, but that makes too much of a crater.

I'd eventually like to make a cascading stream of water (several troughs,
like a rain gutter) and I don't think a blob would work very well for that.

Any thoughts?

--
dan

Post a reply to this message

> What is the best way to create a puddle of liquid (i.e. a spilled glass of
> milk)?
>
> I've managed to make a blob out of flat cylinders in the right shape, but
> it's too bulbous.  You can see where the cylinders are placed.  I tried
> adding negetive spheres above it, but that makes too much of a crater.
>
> I'd eventually like to make a cascading stream of water (several troughs,
> like a rain gutter) and I don't think a blob would work very well for
that.

> Any thoughts?
>
> --
> dan

Ok, answered my own question.  I scaled it in the y axis.

Any ideas people have on the flowing water (not animated) would be great!

Post a reply to this message

maybe you'd like to look on rune's particle system:
http://runevision.com/3d/anims/anims.asp

especially "Stream" and "Ripples".

hth,
florian

Post a reply to this message

> > What is the best way to create a puddle of liquid (i.e. a spilled glass of
> > milk)?
> >
> > I've managed to make a blob out of flat cylinders in the right shape, but
> > it's too bulbous.  You can see where the cylinders are placed.  I tried
> > adding negetive spheres above it, but that makes too much of a crater.
> >
> > I'd eventually like to make a cascading stream of water (several troughs,
> > like a rain gutter) and I don't think a blob would work very well for
> that.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> >
> > --
> > dan
> >

> Ok, answered my own question.  I scaled it in the y axis.
>
> Any ideas people have on the flowing water (not animated) would be great!

Search for "basic particle system" in povray.binaries.scene-files.
I was drunk when I wrote it but it should do the job... j/k

--
Jonathan.

Post a reply to this message