POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : modeling in linux? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 00:14:20 EDT (-0400)
  modeling in linux? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Ed Jackson
Subject: modeling in linux?
Date: 21 Jul 2002 13:10:06
Message: <pan.2002.07.21.17.10.07.238257.25100@iastate.edu>
Hi all,

Although I'm not exactly new to 3D graphics, I haven't been using povray
for long, so forgive me if this is one is too easy.  ;)

I'm a linux user, so the use of moray for modelling is not really an
option.  I can do simple stuff just by writing the povray code directly,
but I'd like to use a gui for building more complex models.  Is there a
good quality, freely available (I'm poor) 3D modeler for linux?

I am aware of giram, though I haven't seen a recent version (because I haven't
installed gtk+ 2.0 yet...).  Any opinions on that program in particular?

Many thanks,

	-Ed

--
//no fun sig here.

Post a reply to this message

> Although I'm not exactly new to 3D graphics, I haven't been using povray
> for long, so forgive me if this is one is too easy.  ;)
>
> I'm a linux user, so the use of moray for modelling is not really an
> option.  I can do simple stuff just by writing the povray code directly,
> but I'd like to use a gui for building more complex models.  Is there a
> good quality, freely available (I'm poor) 3D modeler for linux?

Maybe:

http://www.kpovmodeler.org/

Christoph

--