POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : wireframe rendering Server Time
5 Sep 2024 00:17:11 EDT (-0400)
  wireframe rendering (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Fidel viegas
Subject: wireframe rendering
Date: 5 Jul 2002 09:11:23
Message: <B94B5920.415%fidel.viegas@artrecognition.co.uk>
Hi guys, I was wondering if it is possible to render an object as wireframe
with povray. If that is possible, how do I do that.

Thanks in advance

Fidel.

Post a reply to this message

From: Arthur Flint
Subject: Re: wireframe rendering
Date: 5 Jul 2002 09:25:02
Message: <Xns9242D9B527918mrartchesapeakenet@204.213.191.226>
Fidel viegas scribis
news:B94B5920.415%fid### [at] artrecognitioncouk:

> Hi guys, I was wondering if it is possible to render an object as
> wireframe with povray. If that is possible, how do I do that.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Fidel.

The only way I know of is if your object actually *is*
a wireframe. There is no switch, no option, no setting that
is native to POVRay that displays a wireframe version of
your scene. :(

--
Gis poste, Arto.

Date: 5 Jul 2002 09:27:21
Message: <ja7biucv1htc8lgo66aa4pi1ag1qgc4csb@4ax.com>
On Fri, 05 Jul 2002 14:09:36 +0100, Fidel viegas
<fid### [at] artrecognitioncouk> wrote:
> Hi guys, I was wondering if it is possible to render an object as wireframe
> with povray. If that is possible, how do I do that.

Internal representation of objects not contains wireframe structures. But
since SDL can do everything ;-) take a look at
http://news.povray.org/search/?s=povgui

ABX

Post a reply to this message

> Hi guys, I was wondering if it is possible to render an object as wireframe
> with povray. If that is possible, how do I do that.
>
> Thanks in advance

Apart from what has been said:

http://www.students.tut.fi/~warp/povQandT/languageQandT.html#wireframes

Christoph