POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Cannot Copy Identifier when using a spline{}? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 02:14:13 EDT (-0400)
  Cannot Copy Identifier when using a spline{}? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Mark Hanford
Subject: Cannot Copy Identifier when using a spline{}?
Date: 17 Mar 2002 15:08:44
Message: <3c94f7cc@news.povray.org>
I have a simple spline set up which I was hoping to use for camera work...
Now the stuff in the while loop works, but the Camera_Location declaration
doesn't (this is used later to set the camera's location)

Upon parsing this, I get the error:
File: D:\Mark\Pov-Ray\projects\bug\bug.pov  Line: 270
  #declare Camera_Location1 = Camera_Path <----ERROR
Parse Error: Cannot copy identifier

//snip
  #local Cam_Start = <-60, 70, -70>;
  #local Cam_CockpitWindow = <-43.5, 34.5, -6.5>;
  #declare Camera_Path=
    spline{
      natural_spline
      -1, Cam_Start+(100*x)
       0, Cam_Start
       1, Cam_CockpitWindow
       2, Cam_CockpitWindow+(100*x)
    }

  #local i=0; #while (i<1)
    sphere{Camera_Path(i), 0.2 pigment{color rgbt <1,1,0,0.8>}}
  #local i=i+0.03; #end

  #declare Camera_Location = Camera_Path(0); //Camera_Path(clock);
//snip

I assume it's something daft, but I haven't spotted it :(

--

Mark Hanford
http://www.mrhanford.com/povray

Post a reply to this message