POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : help: smoothly bent pipes Server Time
5 Sep 2024 04:19:58 EDT (-0400)
  help: smoothly bent pipes (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Jong
Subject: help: smoothly bent pipes
Date: 15 Feb 2002 02:26:29
Message: <3c6cb825@news.povray.org>
Dear all,

 I'd like to build a lot of smoothly bent semi-transparent pipes, which
follow some specific points. These are similar to the sphere-sweeping except
for the fact that these are based on pipes.
I remember there were some supplementary(?) program called "Striscia" but
the site seems to have moved to some other place out of my reach.
I'll appreciate it if you could give me some clues or suggestions.

Jong

Post a reply to this message

You can still use sphere_sweep, just take a difference of the original and a
scaled copy but with extra points at each end to achieve the pipe openings.

Jim
>  I'd like to build a lot of smoothly bent semi-transparent pipes, which
> follow some specific points. These are similar to the sphere-sweeping
except
> for the fact that these are based on pipes.
> I remember there were some supplementary(?) program called "Striscia" but
> the site seems to have moved to some other place out of my reach.
> I'll appreciate it if you could give me some clues or suggestions.
>
> Jong

Post a reply to this message

I have never used it, but I've got Striscia. I can send it to you by mail. Just ask.

--
Jonathan.

"Jong" <jjk### [at] mmewhaackr> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Dear all,
>
>  I'd like to build a lot of smoothly bent semi-transparent pipes, which
> follow some specific points. These are similar to the sphere-sweeping except
> for the fact that these are based on pipes.
> I remember there were some supplementary(?) program called "Striscia" but
> the site seems to have moved to some other place out of my reach.
> I'll appreciate it if you could give me some clues or suggestions.
>
> Jong

Post a reply to this message

 I'll appreciate it if you could send the "Striscia" to my e-mail address.
The "Striscia" site seems to have moved to some other place.
address jjk### [at] mmewhaackr

Thank you again,

Jong