POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How do you make a scene? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 00:15:43 EDT (-0400)
  How do you make a scene? (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Rik A
Subject: How do you make a scene?
Date: 30 Jan 2002 05:51:49
Message: <3c57d045@news.povray.org>
Hello! (my first ever post to this newsgroup!)

I've been playing with povray since version 2.0, but I've never really
accomplished much (sphere on plane, 2 spheres on plane, ball and cylinder on
plane, etc...), mainly due to lack of time. However, I'd like to start
entering the IRTC, and so I think I need to start generating more detailed
scenes :-)

What I'd like to know is how people go about constructing a scene (more
detailed than 'sphere on plane'!)
I'm aware that people may prefer different things, but I'm really at a loss
as to how I should begin.

Do you list the objects required for your scene, and then work on
constructing each object seperately?
Do you use a modeller for individual objects in your scene?
Do you use a modeller for the whole scene composition?
(If you do use a modeller - which one?)

I know that a lot of people just hand-code everything - if you are one of
these people, how do you go about the whole scene-creation process.

Thanks in advance, any help gratefully received!

Rik A