POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Re: Transparencies, lines Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:16:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transparencies, lines (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: Transparencies, lines
Date: 21 Dec 2001 05:38:14
Message: <3c231116@news.povray.org>
In article <3c22ce13$1@news.povray.org> , "Parasonic"
<par### [at] parasonicpar> wrote:

> This is a really simple question. How do I give something a transparent,
> translucent, or clear feature? e.g.: using in  glass, water (or tea in my
> case).
>
> Another question: Is there a way to make a quadratic/cubic curved cylinder?
> It would really help out in making the string.

Hi Forrest,

This question belongs in povray.newusers (I directed this post to both
groups).  This group is for discussion of the POV-Ray C source code, not
scene language usage.  Please read the "Welcome To the POV-Ray News Groups"
message in povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions (see below).  It
explains the purpose of the individual groups and is a good introduction of
users to the povray.org newsgroups.

    Thorsten

> > This is a really simple question. How do I give something a transparent,
> > translucent, or clear feature? e.g.: using in  glass, water (or tea in
my
> > case).
> >
> > Another question: Is there a way to make a quadratic/cubic curved
cylinder?
> > It would really help out in making the string.
>
> Hi Forrest,
>
> This question belongs in povray.newusers (I directed this post to both
> groups).  This group is for discussion of the POV-Ray C source code, not
> scene language usage.  Please read the "Welcome To the POV-Ray News
Groups"
> message in povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions (see below).  It
> explains the purpose of the individual groups and is a good introduction
of
> users to the povray.org newsgroups.
>
>     Thorsten

> Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 16:58:01 -0800
> From: Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet>
> Newsgroups: povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions
> Subject: Welcome To the POV-Ray News Groups

Post a reply to this message

rgbft looks good for liquids, but I still need to find out about some form
of a quadratically curving cylinder (if it's possible).