POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Camera field of view Server Time
5 Sep 2024 04:14:03 EDT (-0400)
  Camera field of view (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Jason Jong
Subject: Camera field of view
Date: 9 Dec 2001 16:25:41
Message: <3c13d6d5@news.povray.org>
How do I change the output file from 800x600 to 600x800? I can use:

+w600 +h800

but that just squishes the image, rather than changing the FOV the camera
itself.

Post a reply to this message

From: Margus Ramst
Subject: Re: Camera field of view
Date: 9 Dec 2001 16:41:27
Message: <3c13da87$1@news.povray.org>
"Jason Jong" <NOS### [at] redshiftcom> wrote:

> How do I change the output file from 800x600 to 600x800? I can use:
>
> +w600 +h800
>
> but that just squishes the image, rather than changing the FOV the camera
> itself.

Add something like this to your camera:

right x
up y*4/3

or whatever your image aspect ratio is (default is height=3/4*width, e.g.
600/800 = 3/4).

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee