POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : animate water generic?? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 06:20:07 EDT (-0400)
  animate water generic?? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Jochen Issing
Subject: animate water generic??
Date: 24 Nov 2001 16:08:31
Message: <3c000c4e@news.povray.org>
Hi there,
I am trying to make an animation of water,
but it should be as generic as possible.
My target is, to use a lot of blobs, and every
single blob should calculate his next velocity
array, and out of this, his next position.
Because i can't find anything about getting
the y-coordinate of an arbitrary point in space
of a terrain in the povuser.pdf, i want to ask,
wether it is possible at all, and which kind of
surface-description i should use for that
animation?
--
jochen issing
mailto:joc### [at] mcf-musicde

Post a reply to this message

> I am trying to make an animation of water,
> but it should be as generic as possible.
> My target is, to use a lot of blobs, and every
> single blob should calculate his next velocity
> array, and out of this, his next position.
> Because i can't find anything about getting
> the y-coordinate of an arbitrary point in space
> of a terrain in the povuser.pdf, i want to ask,
> wether it is possible at all, and which kind of
> surface-description i should use for that
> animation?

I don't know what kind of water object you are trying to create, but you
can find the surface of an arbitrary shape in POV with the 'trace()'
function which is available in megapov and Povray 3.5.  Examples can be
found in the 3.5 insert menu or in the megapov docs.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>