POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : rgb <1,1,1> Server Time
5 Sep 2024 08:16:26 EDT (-0400)
  rgb <1,1,1> (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Wade
Subject: rgb <1,1,1>
Date: 10 Sep 2001 23:33:15
Message: <3b9d85fb@news.povray.org>
Is rgb <1,1,1> White?  If so, why don't we use the color keyword White?

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: rgb <1,1,1>
Date: 10 Sep 2001 23:47:22
Message: <3B9D8A39.BE53B785@pacbell.net>
Wade wrote:

> Is rgb <1,1,1> White?  If so, why don't we use the color keyword White?

Yes rgb <1,1,1> is White. So is rgb 1. And so is color red 1 green 1 blue 1.
I think you can also do rgb x+y+z and get the color white but haven't tried
it for a while and may be wrong.

The color White is not really a keyword. It is what we call a pre-declared
color declaration. The onle keyword colors in POV-Ray are red, green and
blue - all in lower case.

From colors.inc for example #declare White = rgb<1,1,1>;

Just because it does render a white color doesn't mean it has to.
You can also make "White" black by re-declaring it like this:

#declare White = rgb<0,0,0>;

You don't have to include colors.inc to add a color to an object. It
is very useful for newbies so they don't have to learn how to design
and control their own colors in the beginning. Later however you will
find that learning how to create your own custom colors will enhance
your ability to use the program. Sometimes you will not even know the
name for the color you have created but you will know how you made it.

If you want to see pre-declared colors taken to the extreme visit my
website and download my kolors.inc include file. It has many more
pre-declared colors available than the original colors.inc file.

--
Ken Tyler - http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/index.html

Post a reply to this message

> If you want to see pre-declared colors taken to the extreme visit my
> website and download my kolors.inc include file. It has many more
> pre-declared colors available than the original colors.inc file.

I downloaded it when I was trying to learn pov-ray on my own

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Date: 11 Sep 2001 00:19:09
Message: <3B9D91AF.163CE0A4@pacbell.net>
Wade wrote:

> Ken Wrote:
>
> > If you want to see pre-declared colors taken to the extreme visit my
> > website and download my kolors.inc include file. It has many more
> > pre-declared colors available than the original colors.inc file.
> >
> I downloaded it when I was trying to learn pov-ray on my own

Isn't that what you are still trying to do?  :~)

--
Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message

From: Ron Parker
Date: 11 Sep 2001 00:30:56
Message: <slrn9pr4s3.h8r.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On Mon, 10 Sep 2001 21:23:11 -0700, Ken wrote:

>Wade wrote:
>>
>> Ken Wrote:
>>
>> > If you want to see pre-declared colors taken to the extreme visit my
>> > website and download my kolors.inc include file. It has many more
>> > pre-declared colors available than the original colors.inc file.
>> >
>> I downloaded it when I was trying to learn pov-ray on my own
>
>Isn't that what you are still trying to do?  :~)

Isn't that what we're all still trying to do?

--
#local R=rgb 99;#local P=R-R;#local F=pigment{gradient x}box{0,1pigment{gradient
y pigment_map{[.5F pigment_map{[.3R][.3F color_map{[.15red 99][.15P]}rotate z*45