POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : making a mesh from an image Server Time
5 Sep 2024 08:16:06 EDT (-0400)
  making a mesh from an image (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Wade
Subject: making a mesh from an image
Date: 6 Sep 2001 11:51:55
Message: <3b979b9b@news.povray.org>
Is it possible to make a mesh from an image or must I model it to make a
mesh?

Wade

Post a reply to this message

From: Gilles Tran
Subject: Re: making a mesh from an image
Date: 6 Sep 2001 13:52:24
Message: <3B97B858.44A6FD6A@inapg.inra.fr>
Wade wrote:

> Is it possible to make a mesh from an image or must I model it to make a
> mesh?

For complex objects you'd better model them yourself, but for simpler stuff
you may consider photomodeler (http://www.photomodeler.com) The site is down
right now but was still active a few weeks ago. There was Canoma too, but
it's no longer sold since it has been bought by Adobe.

G.
--

**********************
http://www.oyonale.com

Post a reply to this message

"Gilles Tran" <tra### [at] inapginrafr> wrote in message
> Wade wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to make a mesh from an image or must I model it to make a
> > mesh?
>
> For complex objects you'd better model them yourself, but for simpler stuff
> you may consider photomodeler (http://www.photomodeler.com) The site is down
> right now but was still active a few weeks ago.

Ooh, this looks nice. Can't wait too install it.  =)

- Nekar