POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Adding more lights and lightening up the pigment Server Time
5 Sep 2024 04:16:05 EDT (-0400)
  Adding more lights and lightening up the pigment (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Wade
Subject: Adding more lights and lightening up the pigment
Date: 5 Sep 2001 12:14:31
Message: <3b964f67$1@news.povray.org>
How do I add more lights to brighten up the left wall?  And how do I get a
lighter shade of the khaki that I'm using.  Here's my code:

#include "colors.inc"

background {color White}

light_source{
 0*x
 color White
 area_light
 <8,0,0> <0,0,8>
 4, 4
 adaptive 0
 jitter
 translate <40,80,40>
}

camera {
 location <0, 0, 11>
 look_at 0
 angle 40
}

// Right Wall

box{
 <1,1,1>,<-1,-1,-1>
 texture{
  pigment{
   color Khaki
  }
  normal{
   wrinkles 0.25
   scale 0.005
  }
  finish{
   ambient 0.266167
   diffuse 0.884867
  }
 }
 scale <0.1, 1.5, 3.5>
 translate <-2.938508, 0, .140896>
}

// Left Wall

box{
 <1,1,1>,<-1,-1,-1>
 texture{
  pigment{
   color Khaki
  }
  normal{
   wrinkles 0.25
   scale 0.005
  }
  finish{
   ambient 0.266167
   diffuse 0.884867
  }
 }
 scale <0.1, 1.5, 3.5>
 translate <2.938508, 0, .140896>
}

Post a reply to this message

From: Trevor Quayle
Date: 5 Sep 2001 12:29:46
Message: <3b9652fa$1@news.povray.org>
> How do I add more lights to brighten up the left wall?  And how do I get a
> lighter shade of the khaki that I'm using.  Here's my code:
>
> #include "colors.inc"
>
> background {color White}
>
> light_source{
>  0*x
>  color White

to brighten this light you can multiply the color by a number
i.e., White*1.5, White*5, etc...
-snip-

> // Right Wall
>
> box{
>  <1,1,1>,<-1,-1,-1>
>  texture{
>   pigment{
>    color Khaki

Again, use multiplier to change the intensity of the color ( <1=darker,
>1=lighter, i.e. try Khaki*1.1)  this is a quick change for opaque colors,
remember that the multiplier will affect the transmit and filter values as
well if they are greater than 0

Post a reply to this message

From: Micha Riser
Date: 5 Sep 2001 12:36:29
Message: <3b96548d$1@news.povray.org>
Wade wrote:

> How do I add more lights to brighten up the left wall?

You can have more than one light source in a scene. Or you can specify
  color White*1.5
to make your exsiting one brighter.

> And how do I get a
> lighter shade of the khaki that I'm using.  Here's my code:

Again, you can multiply the color by a constant, e.g.
  color Khaki*1.5
or also do calculations with it:
  color 1-(1-Kahki)*0.5
which will reduce the difference between Khaki and White. You could also
play with the ambient and diffuse values, which will actually not change
the color but the way how the surface reacts on the incoming light.

 - Micha