POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Translate colors Server Time
5 Sep 2024 08:14:59 EDT (-0400)
  Translate colors (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Hershel Robinson
Subject: Translate colors
Date: 14 Aug 2001 07:06:22
Message: <3b79062e@news.povray.org>
Ray-tracers,

How do I translate colors from HTML format, i.e. color="#D5EAFF" to POV
format?

I, like any newbie, figured that D5 (213 in decimal) divided by 256 is 0.832
and likewise, EA becomes 0.914.  I naturally then tried

pigment { rgb <0.832 , 0.914, 1> }

and got a lovely gray nothing like the dull blue of my web page.  I would
like to make dull blue buttons to match the dull blue of the page (I didn't
choose the dull blue for the web page, that's what the boss likes).

Thanks,
Hershel

Post a reply to this message