POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : black hightfields Server Time
5 Sep 2024 14:18:50 EDT (-0400)
  black hightfields (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: zither
Subject: black hightfields
Date: 10 Jan 2001 00:46:06
Message: <3a5bf71e@news.povray.org>
I have managed to insert a hightfield, but it comes out black,  if I try and
add a texture pigment or color to it I get "object or directive expected"
errors.  What am I not understanding here?

Post a reply to this message

> I have managed to insert a hightfield, but it comes out black,  if I try and
> add a texture pigment or color to it I get "object or directive expected"
> errors.  What am I not understanding here?

It sounds like a very simple syntax error but I can't give you a
detailed analysis without seeing the code you are using. Try
posting just the HF portion of your code so we can take a closer
look at it.

also tried putting it in as an object, adding trans forms etc