POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : siplme retarded newbie question about reflections. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 14:22:59 EDT (-0400)
  siplme retarded newbie question about reflections. (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: DreyWerx
Subject: siplme retarded newbie question about reflections.
Date: 18 Nov 2000 22:03:39
Message: <3a17430b$1@news.povray.org>
allright, i created a box, gave it a finish{ reflection 1 } and pointed a
spotlight at it.  but when i traced it, even in MEGE POV, thers no light
reflecting off the box onto the plane the box is sitting on.  it reflects
everything else, but the area which is supposto be lighted with reflected
light is still dark.

Post a reply to this message

> allright, i created a box, gave it a finish{ reflection 1 } and pointed a
> spotlight at it.  but when i traced it, even in MEGE POV, thers no light
> reflecting off the box onto the plane the box is sitting on.  it reflects
> everything else, but the area which is supposto be lighted with reflected
> light is still dark.

If you are in fact using MegaPov then you need to enable photons for
the reflecting object. You will need to also specify "reflection_on"
in combination with the photon mapping feature.

> > allright, i created a box, gave it a finish{ reflection 1 } and pointed a
> > spotlight at it.  but when i traced it, even in MEGE POV, thers no light
> > reflecting off the box onto the plane the box is sitting on.  it reflects
> > everything else, but the area which is supposto be lighted with reflected
> > light is still dark.
>
> If you are in fact using MegaPov then you need to enable photons for
> the reflecting object. You will need to also specify "reflection_on"
> in combination with the photon mapping feature.

Well, reflection on, without the underscore, to be exact.  Unless I've missed out on a
change.
Furthermore you need the keyword  target  in the photon block of the reflective object
you want the light to
bounce off of.  At least in my knowledge that is the case.
The HTML (or other form) help file for MegaPOV is a great resource anyhow.

Bob

Post a reply to this message