POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : 3D text problems Server Time
4 Sep 2024 18:11:55 EDT (-0400)
  3D text problems (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Joseph Oberlander
Subject: 3D text problems
Date: 23 Aug 2002 17:44:14
Message: <3D66AC98.236EF9E6@earthlink.net>
I'm trying to make a simple set of web page logos but I want them
to be raytraced and look nice.  I can manage to get a single character
to look great, all marbelized and whatnot, but I cannot manage to get
an entire line of them to look non-skewed or have a distorted view.

Ie - I can get about 1-2 characters to look good, but no more.
I found a nice page online with exactly the sort of results I wanted,
but it is all UNIX, so well, me with Windows and just wanting to make
10 or so words appear nicely...

Does anyone have a sample script that they can post?  I'm unfortunately
not terribly interested in a huge two week programming exercise - just
something simple.

Oh - one more thing - is there a list somewhere of actual types of
tectures and such?  I'm currently guessing on colors and paterns,
which is time-consuming.

Post a reply to this message

"Joseph Oberlander" <jos### [at] earthlinknet> wrote in message
> I'm trying to make a simple set of web page logos but I want them
> to be raytraced and look nice.  I can manage to get a single character
> to look great, all marbelized and whatnot, but I cannot manage to get
> an entire line of them to look non-skewed or have a distorted view.

    You need to use an orthographic camera - see : section 6.4.2.2 of the
POVRay 3.5 documentation...

--
Pandora/Scott Hill/[::O:M:C::]Scorpion
Software Engineer.