POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : controlling turbulence Server Time
5 Sep 2024 02:16:27 EDT (-0400)
  controlling turbulence (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Florian Pesth
Subject: controlling turbulence
Date: 28 May 2002 15:38:30
Message: <3cf3dcb6$1@news.povray.org>
Hi all!
Is there an easy way to control turbulence (in "warp") in such a way that it
gives the same values for the same points in space? I.e. is there a way to
specify a starting value for the random function DNoise? I want to use it
for a pigment_pattern.
Thanks for any help,
Florian

Post a reply to this message

> Is there an easy way to control turbulence (in "warp") in such a way that it
> gives the same values for the same points in space? I.e. is there a way to
> specify a starting value for the random function DNoise? I want to use it
> for a pigment_pattern.

Why do you think the noise function does not return the same values for
the same points in space? Or maybe you meant something different...?

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 05 May. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Post a reply to this message

> Why do you think the noise function does not return the same values for
> the same points in space? Or maybe you meant something different...?
Hmm, it looked so. I have to double check, if I'm applying the turbulence in
the right way! So you are saying that the turbulence is always the same for
the same point? And it behaves the same, when I apply for example a black
hole?
Regards,
Florian

Post a reply to this message

From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 28 May 2002 16:29:43
Message: <3CF3E8B6.91706195@gmx.de>
Florian Pesth wrote:

> Hmm, it looked so. I have to double check, if I'm applying the turbulence in
> the right way! So you are saying that the turbulence is always the same for
> the same point?

Yes, just try it.

> And it behaves the same, when I apply for example a black
> hole?

black hole? You mean using turbulence to vary the 'repeat' of black_hole
warps? Of course this variation is also always the same for the same
point.

Christoph

From: Florian Pesth
Date: 28 May 2002 16:44:05
Message: <3cf3ec15@news.povray.org>
> Yes, just try it.
Yippie! I've got it! Some scales and rotations too much, but now it works
exactly the way I want!
Thank you very much,
Florian