POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : 2d text and lines Server Time
5 Sep 2024 04:18:01 EDT (-0400)
  2d text and lines (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Martin
Subject: 2d text and lines
Date: 2 Dec 2001 06:00:19
Message: <3C0A0A79.35E70957@radiok2r.de>
Hello! The text-feature is nice for 3D-text. But I need to put text on a
ruler, which should be very small and if I use 3d-text for this, the
text becomes not very smooth (even with AA).

Is there a way to put 2D-text and 2D-lines into the scene?! Of course I
could do it afterwards by a painter-application, but it would be nice if
it would be possible in povray directly.

Martin

Post a reply to this message

If you have POV-Ray 3.5 look for the 'object pattern' in the docs (there's
also a sample scene in the advanced folder).

--
Jonathan.