POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : help with image_map! Server Time
5 Sep 2024 00:17:09 EDT (-0400)
  help with image_map! (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Jan Schepers
Subject: help with image_map!
Date: 30 Nov 2001 09:07:31
Message: <3C0792AC.FAB2FAFA@yahoo.com>

from -pi/2 to pi/2 using cosine with frequency 1.  In 3D, I look at this
surface from above so I am looking down at a 'mountain'. The amplitude
of  this cosine has to be varied using the same image. Is it possible to
make a very large image and letting image_map cut only the part that it
requires, depending on the amplitude, to wrap this mountain. I don't
want the image to be stretched or compressed. Any suggestions?
Jan