POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : the color.inc's White Server Time
5 Sep 2024 08:15:09 EDT (-0400)
  the color.inc's White (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Wade
Subject: the color.inc's White
Date: 14 Sep 2001 17:12:21
Message: <3ba272b5@news.povray.org>
Why does the color.inc's White look pinkish in dim light?  How can I get it
look more white?

Wade

Post a reply to this message

From: Josh English
Subject: Re: the color.inc's White
Date: 14 Sep 2001 17:28:40
Message: <3BA275F9.A4D22118@spiritone.com>
Wade wrote:

> Why does the color.inc's White look pinkish in dim light?  How can I get it
> look more white?
>
> Wade

It should look gray, if anything, unless you have a pink light pointing at it.

One thing about colors, even though we say <1,1,1> is white, (which it is) we
can declare colors with values greater than 1.
Try color White*2 and see how it changes the color of the object.

--
Josh English
eng### [at] spiritonecom