POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Blob Interaction Server Time
5 Sep 2024 12:18:35 EDT (-0400)
  Blob Interaction (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Dawn McKnight
Subject: Blob Interaction
Date: 5 Apr 2001 13:48:58
Message: <3ACCB00A.B7AAD1AA@mac.com>
I'm working on a blob-model, and trying to figure out how to get a sharp
point from blobs... is it possible?  I'd like to create a sort of
teardrop shape, with one end rounded, and the other end pointed, but,
there being no torus in blob-land to apply negative strength to, I'm not
sure how to do this.

Post a reply to this message

> I'm working on a blob-model, and trying to figure out how to get a sharp
> point from blobs... is it possible?  I'd like to create a sort of
> teardrop shape, with one end rounded, and the other end pointed, but,
> there being no torus in blob-land to apply negative strength to, I'm not
> sure how to do this.

I'd just use an isosurface...but you might get what you want by using a
while loop to generate a line of spherical components decreasing down to
nearly 0 radius.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><