POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : help on CPU upgrade Server Time
5 Sep 2024 22:18:56 EDT (-0400)
  help on CPU upgrade (Message 11 to 18 of 18)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: help on CPU upgrade
Date: 17 Feb 2000 00:03:56
Message: <38ab813c@news.povray.org>
In article <38ab7a38@news.povray.org> , "Bob Hughes"
<omn### [at] hotmailcom?subject=PoV-News:> wrote:

> Oh... I thought 150% was equivalent to 1.5 times.  Hmm.  Any math judges out
> there?  Just kidding!

It is, but double implies 200%, or two times, does it not? :-)  We
definitely need a judge for this kind of problem, math should be conducted
by vote - if the majority says a solution is correct, then it should be!  So
a judge would act as the majority  ;-)

     Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde

>> Oh... I thought 150% was equivalent to 1.5 times.  Hmm.  Any math judges out
>> there?  Just kidding!
>
> It is, but double implies 200%, or two times, does it not? :-)  We
> definitely need a judge for this kind of problem, math should be conducted
> by vote - if the majority says a solution is correct, then it should be!  So
> a judge would act as the majority  ;-)

Oh damn, isn't it horrifying?  I have nothing else to do but to write such
nonsense ;-(

       Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde

Horrifying maybe, but I think most mathematics were derived by popular opinion
anyway.  1,2,3... (oops---- 0,1,2,3...)

Bob

| In article <38ab813c@news.povray.org> , "Thorsten Froehlich"
| <tho### [at] trfde> wrote:
|
| >> Oh... I thought 150% was equivalent to 1.5 times.  Hmm.  Any math judges
out
| >> there?  Just kidding!
| >
| > It is, but double implies 200%, or two times, does it not? :-)  We
| > definitely need a judge for this kind of problem, math should be conducted
| > by vote - if the majority says a solution is correct, then it should be!  So
| > a judge would act as the majority  ;-)
|
| Oh damn, isn't it horrifying?  I have nothing else to do but to write such
| nonsense ;-(
|

|        Thorsten

| Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
| e-mail: tho### [at] trfde