POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Media? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 18:21:53 EDT (-0400)
  Media? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Ian Burgmyer
Subject: Media?
Date: 4 Sep 1999 23:12:20
Message: <37d1df94@news.povray.org>
I can't get media to work right.  Either nothing happens, or when I set
"emission color" to anything, the whole screen just becomes that color.

Thanks in advance,
Ian

P.S. If it would help any explanation, I'm trying to make some nice looking
fog out of media.  I'm starting to hate standard fog :)

Post a reply to this message

*laugh* Experimenting with media, I managed to make a murky, greenish
looking water texture instead of funky green fog.  Haha!  w00p!

I'll post images, on p.b.i when I'm done.  Hehehe!

-Ian

Ian Burgmyer <the### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> I can't get media to work right.  Either nothing happens, or when I set
> "emission color" to anything, the whole screen just becomes that color.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Ian
>
> P.S. If it would help any explanation, I'm trying to make some nice
looking
> fog out of media.  I'm starting to hate standard fog :)

Post a reply to this message

> *laugh* Experimenting with media, I managed to make a murky, greenish
> looking water texture instead of funky green fog.  Haha!  w00p!
>
> I'll post images, on p.b.i when I'm done.  Hehehe!
>
> -Ian

Take a look at this tutorial on the subject:
http://members.xoom.com/POVRAY3/media2.html

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at:

Thanks for the site, Ken!  I'll have to explore the whole thing in the
morning.  *yawn*  I'm just going to post the water pics and hit the hay. :)

-Ian

Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote in message
news:37D### [at] pacbellnet...

> Ian Burgmyer wrote:
> >
> > *laugh* Experimenting with media, I managed to make a murky, greenish
> > looking water texture instead of funky green fog.  Haha!  w00p!
> >
> > I'll post images, on p.b.i when I'm done.  Hehehe!
> >
> > -Ian
>
> Take a look at this tutorial on the subject:
> http://members.xoom.com/POVRAY3/media2.html
>
> --
> Ken Tyler
>
> See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at:
> http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/index.html

Post a reply to this message

I've looked at the tutorial, and read it, and re-read it, and tried the
scenes in it, but I still don't UNDERSTAND media.  Can anyone make a
tutorial that explains it?
news:37D### [at] pacbellnet...

> Ian Burgmyer wrote:
> >
> > *laugh* Experimenting with media, I managed to make a murky, greenish
> > looking water texture instead of funky green fog.  Haha!  w00p!
> >
> > I'll post images, on p.b.i when I'm done.  Hehehe!
> >
> > -Ian
>
> Take a look at this tutorial on the subject:
> http://members.xoom.com/POVRAY3/media2.html
>
> --
> Ken Tyler
>
> See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at:
> http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/index.html

Post a reply to this message

> I've looked at the tutorial, and read it, and re-read it, and tried the
> scenes in it, but I still don't UNDERSTAND media.  Can anyone make a
> tutorial that explains it?

Every time I think I understand it I find out I don't. Wish I could offer
more but...