POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : The biggest number, the smallest Server Time
5 Sep 2024 18:19:36 EDT (-0400)
  The biggest number, the smallest (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Jean Montambeault
Subject: The biggest number, the smallest
Date: 29 Aug 1999 14:24:55
Message: <37c97af7@news.povray.org>
Chuck

Just like in real life, put them a long way away.

Hope this helps, but sometimes when you're bogged down in code
you miss the obvious answer.

Steve

Chuck Roberts wrote:

> I want to do an animation where I fly past the planets. How do I
make a
> background of stars, where the stars won't move while I fly along
the
> positive Z axis?

    That intervention of Steve reminded me of a question to which I've
never found an answer in my reading of the docs, web tutorial or the
prose of the good POVists people, here or at nzn.fr.3D.pov. What are
the largest and the smallest number to use in a location vector ?

    Jean

--
Jean Montambeault
Montreal, Canada