POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : space background for animation, how to? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 18:21:54 EDT (-0400)
  space background for animation, how to? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Chuck Roberts
Subject: space background for animation, how to?
Date: 26 Aug 1999 12:57:35
Message: <37C57242.1F2FD0F3@accn.org>
I want to do an animation where I fly past the planets. How do I make a
background of stars, where the stars won't move while I fly along the
positive Z axis?

Post a reply to this message

From: Bob Hughes
Subject: Re: space background for animation, how to?
Date: 26 Aug 1999 15:36:44
Message: <37c5974c@news.povray.org>
Simple answer, use a translation of your stars object which matches
your camera position. If all your moving is the x then like:
 #declare XposCamStars=clock*Distance and use that for the x value in
both camera and stars object translation vectors.
Sorry if I'm repeating others answers, I'm offline.

Bob

Chuck Roberts <rob### [at] accnorg> wrote in message
> I want to do an animation where I fly past the planets. How do I
make a
> background of stars, where the stars won't move while I fly along
the
> positive Z axis?

Post a reply to this message

Or use Chirs Colefax's Galaxy include file - either with a large "star
sphere" (I forget the correct term) or (again) moving the stars so
that they remain relative to the camera :)

On Thu, 26 Aug 1999 14:33:57 -0500, "Bob Hughes" <inv### [at] aolcom>
wrote:

>Simple answer, use a translation of your stars object which matches
>your camera position. If all your moving is the x then like:
> #declare XposCamStars=clock*Distance and use that for the x value in
>both camera and stars object translation vectors.
>Sorry if I'm repeating others answers, I'm offline.
>
>Bob
>
>Chuck Roberts <rob### [at] accnorg> wrote in message
>> I want to do an animation where I fly past the planets. How do I
>make a
>> background of stars, where the stars won't move while I fly along
>the
>> positive Z axis?

Cheers,

Cliff Bowman