POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : A newbie question Server Time
6 Sep 2024 00:22:12 EDT (-0400)
  A newbie question (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: SWIFT ETEBA
Subject: A newbie question
Date: 28 Jul 1999 08:04:17
Message: <379ef1c1@news.povray.org>
I am trying to put an image (.bmp, .gif, etc) inside a wood frame.
Or in other words I am trying to fit an image exactly in a finite plane
(like the sides of a cube). Is there any suggestions?
And another thing.
How can I define the units by which I can mesure an object?
Thanks in advance.
TAKIS

Post a reply to this message

> I am trying to put an image (.bmp, .gif, etc) inside a wood frame.
> Or in other words I am trying to fit an image exactly in a finite plane
> (like the sides of a cube). Is there any suggestions?

Read in the documentation about image_map.

> And another thing.
> How can I define the units by which I can mesure an object?

As you like it.

#declare meter = (1);
#declare cm    = (meter/100);

and so on, and then use it: