POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : rgb-cube and problems with media Server Time
6 Sep 2024 06:23:21 EDT (-0400)
  rgb-cube and problems with media (Message 31 to 35 of 35)
From: Ken
Subject: Re: rgb-cube and problems with media
Date: 27 Jul 1999 03:21:30
Message: <379D5D40.BC98A484@pacbell.net>
Nieminen Mika wrote:

> Bob Hughes <inv### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> : I just had to laugh inwardly about all this talk in the newusers group.
> : It sounds so much like some advanced topic going on, for which there is
> : the appropriate group.
>
>   Perhaps we should learn how to use the followup-to -field.

...Or perhaps a few newbies will get the concept being discussed in this
thread so firmly pounded into thier heads they will never have to ask
similar questions again...

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net
http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/links.htm

Post a reply to this message

From: Bob Hughes
Subject: Re: Getting there from here via Followup-To:
Date: 27 Jul 1999 21:04:04
Message: <379e5704@news.povray.org>
Hmmm, now this seems right. Original Group:povray.advanced-users (for
example) was left the same. Then the second header position (in Netscape
anyway) was set to Followup-To:povray.newusers and voila! I am now here,
from there. Everyone got that now? Stand back and watch the
mis-postings!

Please note that the intent is cause a redirection of message replies
into a different, possibly more appropriate newsgroup.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe

Ah ha! Seems my restrained worry was justified. I was expecting this
post to get out into the mainstream of the group for which it was
redirected to. And here I am back at the original thread where I had
begun my investigation of the Followup-To:
Well, to put an end of my feable tamperings I will now stop and simply
watch to see what happens because of this as others reply to the posts I
did here.
May have started a rip in the fabric of space and newsgroups, forgive me
please if I have.

Bob Hughes wrote:

> Hmmm, now this seems right. Original Group:povray.advanced-users (for
> example) was left the same. Then the second header position (in Netscape
> anyway) was set to Followup-To:povray.newusers and voila! I am now here,
> from there. Everyone got that now? Stand back and watch the
> mis-postings!
>
> Please note that the intent is cause a redirection of message replies
> into a different, possibly more appropriate newsgroup.
>
> Bob Hughes wrote:
> >
> > Wups! Well glad you said so, I looked at this and thought "Hey, OK! It
> > works."
> > What I had done is select Followup To: in a drop-down list where the
> > povray.newusers was showing and then added this advanced group in after
> > a Group: heading. Think I should have done the opposite. Will do that to
> > this posting and send back to the newuser group under an appropriate
> > title. Maybe...
> >
> > Ron Parker wrote:

> > > It didn't work.  It might look like it did, but it didn't.  You need to
> > > set the Followup-To: header or it will default to sending followups
> > > back to newusers.  slrn makes this easy; I don't know how easy it is with
> > > Netscape.
> >
> > --
> >  omniVERSE: beyond the universe
> >   http://members.aol.com/inversez/homepage.htm
> >  mailto://inversez@aol.com?Subject=PoV-News
>
> --
>  omniVERSE: beyond the universe
>   http://members.aol.com/inversez/homepage.htm
>  mailto://inversez@aol.com?Subject=PoV-News

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe

> Ah ha! Seems my restrained worry was justified. I was expecting this
> post to get out into the mainstream of the group for which it was
> redirected to. And here I am back at the original thread where I had
> begun my investigation of the Followup-To:
> Well, to put an end of my feable tamperings I will now stop and simply
> watch to see what happens because of this as others reply to the posts I
> did here.
> May have started a rip in the fabric of space and newsgroups, forgive me
> please if I have.

 If you had anything to add to this thread I suggest you just add it now, here,
otherwise I think it is pretty much dead :)