POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : changing declared values? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 00:23:20 EDT (-0400)
  changing declared values? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Eitan Tal
Subject: changing declared values?
Date: 12 Jul 1999 10:28:45
Message: <3789fb9d@news.povray.org>
is it possible to change values that have already been declared? like,
#declare a = 2
#declare a = a*a
#declare a = a*a

and so on...?

Post a reply to this message

From: Nieminen Mika
Subject: Re: changing declared values?
Date: 12 Jul 1999 10:38:28
Message: <3789fde4@news.povray.org>
Eitan Tal <eit### [at] netvisionnetil> wrote:
: is it possible to change values that have already been declared? like,
: #declare a = 2
: #declare a = a*a
: #declare a = a*a

: and so on...?

  Why don't you try?

From: Margus Ramst
Date: 12 Jul 1999 10:39:08
Message: <3789FE24.8694E7BD@peak.edu.ee>
Certainly. In fact, #while loops are generally done using this.
Example:

#declare C=0;

#while (C<10)
#declare C=C+1;
#end

Eitan Tal wrote:

> is it possible to change values that have already been declared? like,
> #declare a = 2
> #declare a = a*a
> #declare a = a*a
>
> and so on...?

Post a reply to this message

>Certainly. In fact, #while loops are generally done using this.
>Example:
>
>#declare C=0;
>
>#while (C<10)
>#declare C=C+1;
>#end
>
>Eitan Tal wrote:
>>
>> is it possible to change values that have already been declared? like,
>> #declare a = 2
>> #declare a = a*a
>> #declare a = a*a
>>
>> and so on...?

Tell me more about Pov-Ray functions please

Post a reply to this message