POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Re: Where is an object library? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 04:21:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where is an object library? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Bob Hughes
Subject: Re: Where is an object library?
Date: 18 Apr 1999 16:33:13
Message: <371A334B.8D7FF3EA@aol.com>
This might be of a little help anyway:

 http://www.3dlinks.com/objectsv4.cfm

pens and high heel shoes there in 3DS format, maybe convertable with
Win3d.

http://twysted.net/povobjects/
http://twysted.net/povobjects/cgi-bin/objlist.cgi?/tools/writing/

The second is direct to several pens. First is the POV Objects
Collection home page. No shoes seen.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe

From: Ken
Date: 18 Apr 1999 16:54:03
Message: <371A3703.2523CF7F@pacbell.net>
Tiina Komi wrote:

> I am looking for an organized object library or collection.
> Thought the manual contains a lot of examples,
> it may be useful to see what ohters have done already.
> I tried the "povray objects collection" at
> htttp://povobjects.fsn.net,
> but I got an error 403: access denied.
> Recently, I started to use povray,
> the program is impressive, but making pictures
> myself is quite laborous.
> Especially I'm looking for a pen (not pencil), shoes, sandals,
> wings.
> Who knows more sites or collections of POVRAY
> objects?

  For objects of all kinds take a look at my links page. 98% of all models
listed are free for download. Not all are pov objects but several sites
are listed that do contain pov objects that are available to you.

http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/links.htm

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Post a reply to this message

> I am looking for an organized object library or collection.
> Thought the manual contains a lot of examples,
> it may be useful to see what ohters have done already.
> I tried the "povray objects collection" at
> htttp://povobjects.fsn.net,
> but I got an error 403: access denied.
> Recently, I started to use povray,
> the program is impressive, but making pictures
> myself is quite laborous.
> Especially I'm looking for a pen (not pencil), shoes, sandals,
> wings.
> Who knows more sites or collections of POVRAY
> objects?

Post a reply to this message