POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How many licks... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 04:21:41 EDT (-0400)
  How many licks... (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: mdmdc0
Subject: How many licks...
Date: 13 Apr 1999 16:55:25
Message: <3713A11C.731BACA5@postoffice2.bellatlantic.net>
To the center of a Tootsie Roll Tootsie Pop?
Strangely, that's how my current project started.  I was about to eat
one, when seeing the sunlight through it, a ray of light done fried my
brain, and said, "Yes, you /can/ POV this pop!"
So I've got the basic shape down... a sphere/cylinder merge for the pop,
and a cylinder for the stick...
I just can't get the rough shininess down.  (newbie sickness, i guess)
Basically, here's my sphere:

//Sphere for a Tootsie Roll Tootsie Pop

sphere {
    <0,0,0>, 5
    //pigment { Red }
    pigment { color rgbf <1,0,0,.25> }
    finish {
      ambient .5
      diffuse .6
      phong .5
      phong_size 5
      brilliance .3
      specular .05
      roughness .3
      }
  }

(I've eaten 17 of the cherry ones so far, trying to get the color right,
and the shininess... I'm almost sick of them...)
It just comes out too... clear.
And the tootsie center... (I'm not too up  on blobs yet.)

//Tootsie center

 blob {
    threshold .65
    sphere { <.5,0,0>, 5, 1 pigment {Brown} }
    sphere { <-.5,0,0>,5, 1 pigment {Brown} }
    finish { phong 1 }
  }

It looks like a deformed circle.  I'm not sure which value to change,
the ,5, or the 1, to get large blob ends, and a medium center.

Thanks in advance.
Michael

Post a reply to this message