POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : ambient Server Time
6 Sep 2024 06:21:04 EDT (-0400)
  ambient (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: bassompierre laurent
Subject: ambient
Date: 25 Feb 1999 06:18:46
Message: <36d53196.0@news.povray.org>
Is it a simple way to increase or scale all the ambient values i put in my
finish statements (for all my objects) ?

Laurent Bassompierre

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike
Subject: Re: ambient
Date: 25 Feb 1999 07:10:56
Message: <36D53CB8.C345FBB5@aol.com>
global_settings {ambient_light float )

bassompierre laurent wrote:

> Is it a simple way to increase or scale all the ambient values i put in my
> finish statements (for all my objects) ?
>
> Laurent Bassompierre

Post a reply to this message

From: Nieminen Mika
Date: 25 Feb 1999 07:11:25
Message: <36d53ded.0@news.povray.org>
bassompierre laurent <lba### [at] ubifr> wrote:
: Is it a simple way to increase or scale all the ambient values i put in my
: finish statements (for all my objects) ?

  Actually yes. For example, if you want to double the ambient values, you
can type:

global_settings { ambient 2 }

  If you want to halve the ambient values, you can type respectively:

global_settings { ambient .5 }

--
main(i){char*_="BdsyFBThhHFBThhHFRz]NFTITQF|DJIFHQhhF";while(i=
*_++)for(;i>1;printf("%s",i-70?i&1?"[]":" ":(i=0,"\n")),i/=2);} /*- Warp -*/

Post a reply to this message

And don't forget, the color vector can be adjusted as well:

 global_settings {
  ambient_light <1.2,1.45,1.6> //skylight
 }

From the DOC:
Ambient = Finish_Ambient * Global_Ambient_Light_Source
The global ambient values are multiplied with every individual ambient
in each finish.

Nieminen Mika wrote:

> bassompierre laurent <lba### [at] ubifr> wrote:
> : Is it a simple way to increase or scale all the ambient values i put in my
> : finish statements (for all my objects) ?
>
>   Actually yes. For example, if you want to double the ambient values, you
> can type:
>
> global_settings { ambient 2 }
>
>   If you want to halve the ambient values, you can type respectively:
>
> global_settings { ambient .5 }
>
> --
> main(i){char*_="BdsyFBThhHFBThhHFRz]NFTITQF|DJIFHQhhF";while(i=
> *_++)for(;i>1;printf("%s",i-70?i&1?"[]":" ":(i=0,"\n")),i/=2);} /*- Warp -*/

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
 mailto:inv### [at] aolcom?PoV

Post a reply to this message