POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : End of render beeping. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 08:13:27 EDT (-0400)
  End of render beeping. (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Pslock
Subject: End of render beeping.
Date: 15 Jan 1999 02:27:13
Message: <369F07E2.15C9@nmia.com>
Is there any way to disable the beeping when POVRay
finishes a render? It would be useful to me to know, as I
do alot of work at night with other people in my house.
Thanks in advance.

Post a reply to this message

> Is there any way to disable the beeping when POVRay
> finishes a render? It would be useful to me to know, as I
> do alot of work at night with other people in my house.
> Thanks in advance.

Render->On Completion->DoNothing/DisplayMessage/ExitPOVRay.

Whatever fits your bill.

--
Saif Ansari
	Choking on the dust of humanity

"Don't blow those brains yet
we gotta be big
boy
we gotta be big." -- Tori Amos

Post a reply to this message

Nieminen, this is something that would fit nicely into your VFAQ, don't you
think?

Saif Ansari wrote in message <369### [at] frontiernetnet>...
>Pslock wrote:
>>
>> Is there any way to disable the beeping when POVRay
>> finishes a render? It would be useful to me to know, as I
>> do alot of work at night with other people in my house.
>> Thanks in advance.
>
>Render->On Completion->DoNothing/DisplayMessage/ExitPOVRay.

Johannes.

Post a reply to this message

> > Is there any way to disable the beeping when POVRay
> > finishes a render? It would be useful to me to know, as I
> > do alot of work at night with other people in my house.
> > Thanks in advance.
>
> Render->On Completion->DoNothing/DisplayMessage/ExitPOVRay.
>
> Whatever fits your bill.
>
> --
> Saif Ansari
>         Choking on the dust of humanity
>         Slashing my wrists with silicon
>
> "Don't blow those brains yet
> we gotta be big
> boy
> we gotta be big." -- Tori Amos

And how would you do the same with the text-based Unix version ? I had a
look at the man file but couldn't find an option that matches.

Bruno

Post a reply to this message