POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Jpeg Server Time
6 Sep 2024 06:23:55 EDT (-0400)
  Jpeg (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Styx
Subject: Jpeg
Date: 23 Feb 1999 21:46:29
Message: <36d36805.0@news.povray.org>
I made a closed door and frame and planned on making an open one so that on
a web page whenever someone's mouse moved over it, it would open.
Unfortunatly I can't figure out a way to convert the pov file into a
jpeg/gif if anyone has any software or ideas  about this please e-mail me at
_styx_@mail.utexas.edu.

Styx

Post a reply to this message

> I made a closed door and frame and planned on making an open one so that on
> a web page whenever someone's mouse moved over it, it would open.
> Unfortunatly I can't figure out a way to convert the pov file into a
> jpeg/gif if anyone has any software or ideas  about this please e-mail me at
> _styx_@mail.utexas.edu.
>
> Styx

A trip to the Pov VFAQ will answer this and many more questions you may
have. Also check out my tutorials faq in:
povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions

The VFAQ is at: http://www.students.tut.fi/~warp/povVFAQ.html

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Post a reply to this message

: Unfortunatly I can't figure out a way to convert the pov file into a
: jpeg/gif if anyone has any software or ideas  about this please e-mail me at

  Yes, there's a program called POV-Ray which you can use to convert
.pov-files to several image formats.

--
main(i){char*_="BdsyFBThhHFBThhHFRz]NFTITQF|DJIFHQhhF";while(i=
*_++)for(;i>1;printf("%s",i-70?i&1?"[]":" ":(i=0,"\n")),i/=2);} /*- Warp -*/

Post a reply to this message

>: Unfortunatly I can't figure out a way to convert the pov file into a
>: jpeg/gif if anyone has any software or ideas  about this please e-mail me
at

>  Yes, there's a program called POV-Ray which you can use to convert
>.pov-files to several image formats.
>
>--
>main(i){char*_="BdsyFBThhHFBThhHFRz]NFTITQF|DJIFHQhhF";while(i=
>*_++)for(;i>1;printf("%s",i-70?i&1?"[]":" ":(i=0,"\n")),i/=2);} /*-
Warp -*/

Post a reply to this message

Jim Kress <jim### [at] dccmailcom> wrote:
: Sarcasm?

  It's just funny when people ask for conversion programs from .pov to
any image format. Povray actually _is_ this kind of program. The only one.
And the best one.

  (Ok, I know they usually mean "how do I save my image to an image
format", which is answered at http://iki.fi/warp/povVFAQ.html#savingimage).

--
main(i){char*_="BdsyFBThhHFBThhHFRz]NFTITQF|DJIFHQhhF";while(i=
*_++)for(;i>1;printf("%s",i-70?i&1?"[]":" ":(i=0,"\n")),i/=2);} /*- Warp -*/

Post a reply to this message

> I made a closed door and frame and planned on making an open one so that on
> a web page whenever someone's mouse moved over it, it would open.
> Unfortunatly I can't figure out a way to convert the pov file into a
> jpeg/gif if anyone has any software or ideas  about this please e-mail me at
> _styx_@mail.utexas.edu.
>
> Styx

Hi

If you are there is ImageMagick running on your system. Try
convert door*.tga door.gif

that works for me

jan