POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : color to transparency Server Time
6 Sep 2024 06:23:15 EDT (-0400)
  color to transparency (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: J  Vicente
Subject: color to transparency
Date: 26 Jan 1999 06:09:00
Message: <36ADA1E5.ABAF22EA@hotmail.com>
I may be showing my inexperience here, but that's only natural since I'm
new to this!  ;))

I've seen a few images where a model is rebdered in a way that goes from
color to tranparency and the wireframe shows through the transparent
part. I would like to know if it is possible to do that with POV/Moray
(I don't code yet).

If yes...how?

Thanks

Post a reply to this message

> I may be showing my inexperience here, but that's only natural since I'm
> new to this!  ;))
>
> I've seen a few images where a model is rebdered in a way that goes from
> color to tranparency and the wireframe shows through the transparent
> part. I would like to know if it is possible to do that with POV/Moray
> (I don't code yet).
>
> If yes...how?
>
> Thanks

I'm not sure about the wire frame part but here is an example
of a pigment that will go from clear to white.

pigment{
 gradient y
  color_map{
   [0 rgbf 0]
   [1 rgb  1]
 }
}

You can also have different parts of the same pigment
clear and solid. An example:

pigment{
 gradient y
  color_map{