POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Any realistic human models? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 08:09:39 EDT (-0400)
  Any realistic human models? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Bill
Subject: Any realistic human models?
Date: 12 Jan 1999 12:15:06
Message: <369b8071.2805404@news.povray.org>
Has anybody done a realistic human model with "bones" for moving
limbs/joints?

The POV page points to something called www.meshmart.org, but I get a
"DNS Entry not found" error when I try to link to it.

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Kress
Subject: Re: Any realistic human models?
Date: 12 Jan 1999 15:40:47
Message: <369bb34f.0@news.povray.org>
You might want to search through this news server using the word Poser.  It
is a modeler that many people in this group use for making human models.

Jim

Bill wrote in message <369b8071.2805404@news.povray.org>...
>Has anybody done a realistic human model with "bones" for moving
>limbs/joints?
>
>The POV page points to something called www.meshmart.org, but I get a
>"DNS Entry not found" error when I try to link to it.

Post a reply to this message

> Has anybody done a realistic human model with "bones" for moving
> limbs/joints?
>
> The POV page points to something called www.meshmart.org, but I get a
> "DNS Entry not found" error when I try to link to it.

  Try the following links. There are some skeletons available out there
though a little searching will have to be done.

http://www.3dcafe.com/asp/meshes.asp

http://sunserver1.rz.uni-duesseldorf.de/~pannozzo/3dsobjects.html

http://avalon1.viewpoint.com/cgi-bin/setmirror.pl?site=vp

Ken Tyler