POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Media in a torus Server Time
6 Sep 2024 08:10:04 EDT (-0400)
  Media in a torus (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: gemelli david
Subject: Media in a torus
Date: 4 Dec 1998 03:25:24
Message: <36679D03.F2CACD3A@imerir.asso.fr>
Hi,
I am currently doing a scene where an atomic bomb is exploding on a
futuristic battlefield.
I have made a dust wave using a torus and media but the result isn't
very good.
What media feature can I use to make realistic dust (it must be a
colored dust).
Is it possible to make a gradient from the center of the torus donut (is
that the expression ?)
to its surface ?
    Thanks.
                                                David.
This is the what I am currently using:

#local Dust_Media_1 =
media {
     absorption 0.3
     intervals 20
     density {
          gradient y
          turbulence 0.2
          color_map {
               [0 color rgb<0.7,0.7,0.9>]
               [0.6 color rgb<0.5,0.6,0.8>]
               [0.98 color rgb<0,0,0>]
               [1 color rgb<0,0,0>]
          }
     }
}

#local Dust_Media_2 =
media {
     emission 0.08
     intervals 20
     density {
          gradient y
          turbulence 0.2
          color_map {
               [0 color rgb<0.456863,0.319608,0.037255>]
               [0.9 color rgb<0.556863,0.419608,0.137255>]
               [0.95 color rgb<0,0,0>]
               [1 color rgb<0,0,0>]
          }
     }
}

torus {
     (40 * CLOCK_DUST) + 1
     1.8
     pigment {rgbt <1,1,1,1>}
     interior {
          media {
               Dust_Media_1
               scale <2,2,2>
          }
          media {
               Dust_Media_2
               scale <2,2,2>
          }
     }
     scale <2, 2, 2>
     translate <0,(20*(1/256)*100)-(4*ALTITUDE_DUST),0>
     hollow
}

Post a reply to this message