POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : AMDK6 Server Time
3 Oct 2024 19:16:18 EDT (-0400)
  AMDK6 (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: chris stallworth
Subject: AMDK6
Date: 8 Dec 1998 03:13:20
Message: <366CD039.25276FBD@sirinet.net>
I've been using POV Ray for about 6 months, and I am exploring the
possibility of upgrading my current P166mhz w/MMX .  I am looking at
replacing the CPU with an AMDK6 350 Mhz processor as well as replacing
the motherboard with a more up to date version that has AGP and room for
more RAM.  My question:  I believe I've noticed the phrase "Pentium
Optimized" on POV's Splash screen, will or should I experience any
technical problems with POV if I use an AMD K6 processor.

Thanks for your feedback,

C.A.Stallworth
e-mail 1: cst### [at] tecmasterscom
e-mail 2: cst### [at] sirinetnet

Post a reply to this message

> I've been using POV Ray for about 6 months, and I am exploring the
> possibility of upgrading my current P166mhz w/MMX .  I am looking at
> replacing the CPU with an AMDK6 350 Mhz processor as well as replacing
> the motherboard with a more up to date version that has AGP and room for
> more RAM.  My question:  I believe I've noticed the phrase "Pentium
> Optimized" on POV's Splash screen, will or should I experience any
> technical problems with POV if I use an AMD K6 processor.
>
> Thanks for your feedback,
>
> C.A.Stallworth
> e-mail 1: cst### [at] tecmasterscom
> e-mail 2: cst### [at] sirinetnet

Nope, I (naievely) did just what you plan to do: no problemo.

Remco

Post a reply to this message