POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : rendering graphics. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 08:10:14 EDT (-0400)
  rendering graphics. (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Bruce J  Worman
Subject: rendering graphics.
Date: 20 Nov 1998 15:34:04
Message: <3655FCE8.31E9@bellatlantic.net>
Ok...here I am, just got the program and messed around w/ it a bit. I
like it, but, can i render other images somehow? i tried reading up on
it on the page and in the faq but i couldn't find anything. I want to
render like a .jpg or .gif file to make it 3d (like 3d text and
pictures) Can i do this some how? any help is appreciated! Thank you!

Post a reply to this message

In article <365### [at] bellatlanticnet> , "Bruce J. Worman"
<bjw### [at] bellatlanticnet> wrote:
>Ok...here I am, just got the program and messed around w/ it a bit. I
>like it, but, can i render other images somehow? i tried reading up on
>it on the page and in the faq but i couldn't find anything. I want to
>render like a .jpg or .gif file to make it 3d (like 3d text and
>pictures) Can i do this some how? any help is appreciated! Thank you!

Maybe reading the documentation and the tutorial that comes with it is a good
starting point...

    Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

If you look in the help you will find some commandline swithces that
change the default output option for the renderer.

"Bruce J. Worman" wrote:

> Ok...here I am, just got the program and messed around w/ it a bit. I
> like it, but, can i render other images somehow? i tried reading up on
> it on the page and in the faq but i couldn't find anything. I want to
> render like a .jpg or .gif file to make it 3d (like 3d text and
> pictures) Can i do this some how? any help is appreciated! Thank you!

Post a reply to this message

>Ok...here I am, just got the program and messed around w/
it a bit. I
>like it, but, can i render other images somehow?

Do you mean like "I've got a gif that I want to use in my
scene"? In that case, take a look at the docs under 'image
map'.

> i tried reading up on
>it on the page and in the faq but i couldn't find anything.

Try the documentation!
POV 3.0: press the yellow DOCS button
POV 3,1: press the 'scene' button

> I want to
>render like a .jpg or .gif file to make it 3d (like 3d text
and
>pictures) Can i do this some how? any help is appreciated!
Thank you!

Text (written in any TrueType font) can be rendered using
the text object. Again, the documentation explains about all
this. It is a very useful source of information to have
around.

Julius

Post a reply to this message