POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Re: Modelers Server Time
6 Sep 2024 10:14:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modelers (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: N  Foldager
Subject: Re: Modelers
Date: 9 Nov 1998 11:10:33
Message: <364813a8.5569339@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 25 Nov 1997 20:43:53 -0600, John Thile
<joh### [at] geocitiescom> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I was wondering if there is one modeler that is better for beginners
>(e.g. Simpler, easier to use). What do you all recommend?
>Thanks,
>
>John Thile
>joh### [at] geocitiescom

You should go for Rhino(ceros).

It is a very strong and intuitive programme dedicated for
3D-modelling. It is not intended for final rendering (although it has
rendering functions). You can save directly to POVray files if you
like.
Rhino version 1.0 was released a few weeks ago (priced something like
700 USD) after a couple of years with more than 100.000 beta-testers.

You can go by downloading free versions that will work for a couple of
months each time.
Check it out on http://www.rhino3d.com/

Download some of the tutorials (the flashlight, the duck, the squeeze
bottle, and the hammer in that order). After having done them: you're
stuck with Rhino.
Lot's of other tutorials on the net (the Rhino Ring).
The help in the programme is extensive.

Best regards,

Niels Foldager
Copenhagen
Denmark
  When replying, please remove the spam-preventing "x" in my address.