POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Using a bezier-patch as top of a box Server Time
6 Sep 2024 10:09:59 EDT (-0400)
  Using a bezier-patch as top of a box (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Erik Huelsmann
Subject: Using a bezier-patch as top of a box
Date: 4 Nov 1998 18:42:07
Message: <wzgSQd1pdrdd-pn2-dqQKvid78fMi@localhost>
I have a bezier-patch (bicubic_patch) which describes the top of a
'inward-dented' box. Now I want to use the bezier-patch as the top of
this box. I already succeeded in doing so when the 12 outer points of
the patch all reside in the same plane. It is then possible to use
that plane as the top of a hollow box (which has its own top-plane
removed).

Now the problem: Some of the 12 extreme points (the ones which are at
the sides of the patch) have been moved a bit "into" the box. They are
still in the side-planes of the box, but not in the top-plane anymore.
Is there a way to bound the box so that it fits the bezier-patch?

Or: Is there another figure I can use which will result in a box with
the bezier-patch top?

bye, Erik

--
[Don't mail posts, I will see them here just fine]

Post a reply to this message

Erik Huelsmann <Eri### [at] Bitsmartcom> wrote:
: Or: Is there another figure I can use which will result in a box with
: the bezier-patch top?

  Try 5 other bezier patches (one for each side of the box).

--
                                                           - Warp. -

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 5 Nov 1998 11:00:33, Nieminen Mika <war### [at] assaricctutfi>
wrote:

> Erik Huelsmann <Eri### [at] Bitsmartcom> wrote:
> : Or: Is there another figure I can use which will result in a box with
> : the bezier-patch top?
>
>   Try 5 other bezier patches (one for each side of the box).

Which is a good suggestion and tells me it is a beginners question
after all! :-)

bye, Erik

--
ICQ# 21527656
[Don't mail posts, I will see them here just fine]