POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Glowing things. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 10:11:14 EDT (-0400)
  Glowing things. (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Drew
Subject: Glowing things.
Date: 2 Nov 1998 20:25:11
Message: <363E5B7F.CBC01D20@pilot.msu.edu>
Hello everyone and anyone.

How do you make objects glow? Do I need an atmosphere? I rendered an
object with transmit values of 1 and but there is no "halo" around it
and it does not glow into the shadow and reflect off the surface behind
it. I think I might have just answered my question. Im going to try that
now. But I still would like any tips or information anyways.
Thanks
Drew

Post a reply to this message

> How do you make objects glow? Do I need an atmosphere? I rendered an
> object with transmit values of 1 and but there is no "halo" around it
> and it does not glow into the shadow and reflect off the surface behind
> it. I think I might have just answered my question. Im going to try that
> now. But I still would like any tips or information anyways.
> Thanks
> Drew

  Just for fun try adding a very high ambient value to your glowing object.
Values from 0.8 - 10.0 . It might do what you want without having to go
with atmosphere, halos, or media.

Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message