POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : 'can't open font file' msg. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 06:22:39 EDT (-0400)
  'can't open font file' msg. (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Don Juan
Subject: 'can't open font file' msg.
Date: 2 Nov 1998 20:12:24
Message: <363E5821.442F167F@texas.net>
I understand from the documentation that Pov-ray now allows any true
type font to be used, and I've tried several now...ex "hippo.ttf".. The
renderer always returns "Can't open font file" message. Is POV not
looking in the right place, and if so can I make it do so?
Thanks.

Post a reply to this message

> I understand from the documentation that Pov-ray now allows any true
> type font to be used, and I've tried several now...ex "hippo.ttf".. The
> renderer always returns "Can't open font file" message. Is POV not
> looking in the right place, and if so can I make it do so?
> Thanks.

  Try ading a path to your font files e.g.

ttf "c:\windows\fonts\font.ttf"

Pov doesn't use the available paths the way windows does.
You could also add a library path statement to povray.ini
similar to the above.

Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message

I've been using POV on a dual-boot NT/95 machine and have also noticed
POV won't open fonts that are associated with the "inactive" OS.  In
other words, if I'm working under NT only the fonts in the
"C:\WinNT\Fonts" folder are available and the ones in "C:\Windows\Fonts"
can't be used.